NCTC is searching for a host site for the 2010 Middle School Play Festival, scheduled for Saturday, March 20 (one day only). One of our confirmed host sites had an unexpected scheduling conflict and we are in desperate need of a replacement host site, ideally within a 2 hours drive to Charlotte.
We are also searching for host sites for the 2010 High School Play Festival. The tentative dates for these festivals are October 29/30 and November 5/6.
Would you be interested in hosting?
Benefits of hosting include -
- The ability to show off your school and programs.
- The chance (if you are a College or Private High School) to recruit students for your programs.
- The opportunity to get great press exposure.
- A great learning opportunity for students - introduce your students to arts management and event planning.
- Service to your state theatre community and the future theatre artists and audiences of North Carolina!
The Middle School Festival will consist of 10 plays on one day and the High School Fest is 16 plays over two days. You and your space would need to be available from very early in the morning to very late at night. NCTC is not able to rent your space or pay any fees, but provides a small host stipend. NCTC provides adjudicators and on-site representation from the NCTC board to assist you. The NCTC Executive Director would provide you with a host training packet and extensive phone training. The NCTC office also handles all registration and payment information.
You would need to provide the following:
- A proscenium theatre space with 300+ seats and backstage space that can accommodate 4 shows loading into a 10x10 space each
- A coordinator (teacher, faculty or staff member) that will be the point of contact with NCTC, will handle scheduling, will send out materials to schools, organize light/sound cue sheet, design and print the programs, and run the festival
- A crew of volunteers (some can be students) to serve as stage managers, time keepers, ushers, light/sound technicians, and liaisons to each school
- A basic lighting plot and sound system, and adults or advanced students to run the boards
- Programs - schools will email program pages to you upon registering for you to create copies of the program for each participant
Please contact email@example.com if you might be able to host the festival. Obviously, we're on a bit of a time crunch for the Middle School Festival, as registration is scheduled to open in January, so we look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible. Thank you so very much for your consideration!