The Davidson Community Players is actively seeking an Executive Director who will join a team of professionals who have built a vibrant, successful theater program in the Lake Norman region. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and manages all aspects of the non-profit community theatre focusing on fund development; financial management and control; marketing; public relations; community, patron and donor relations; strategic planning and day-to-day management.Major areas of responsibility include:
• Coordination of long-range and annual planning in collaboration with the Artistic Director and the Board of Directors.
• Providing leadership for and actively participating in fundraising activities, donor development, grant applications and reporting.
• Developing the annual budget, including providing monthly financial reporting and forecasting, cash flow management, capital spending and expenditures review and approval.
• Supervising administrative staff and directing administrative operations.
• Managing the financial operation and maintenance of the theatre’s physical plant.
• Administering and supporting, in conjunction with the Artistic Director, the year-round educational outreach programs of the theatre
• Acting as the representative and advocate of the theatre with government agencies, community groups and local businesses, arts organizations, and the community-at-large.
• 5 plus years experience in a non-profit management/leadership position, with demonstrated experience in fund-raising, grant writing and marketing;
• Possess strong budgeting and financial management skills;
• Demonstrate capacity to lead, manage, motivate and inspire the staff and volunteers;
• 3 plus years experience in marketing, advertising and public relations activities, including driving growth in ticket sales and associated revenues;
• Exhibit excellent leadership and communications (both written and oral) skills;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Experience in or an appreciation and passion for the performing arts;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Ability to interact well with diverse constituencies and personalities;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access;
• Undergraduate degree required.
Interested candidates can apply by November 30th to: Search Committee, Davidson Community Players, P.O. Box 76, Davidson, North Carolina 28036 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Davidson Community Players
The Davidson Community Players is a non-profit organization established in 1965 to produce theatre that entertains, enriches and encourages community participation in the dramatic arts. For more information about the Davidson Community Players, visit the Players web site at www.davidsoncommunityplayers.org.